I've been doing this with my xv6800 (and before that, the 6700). I take pictures of stuff then when I sync, they get transferred to my "incoming photo" directory for me to sort/massage as needed.

I've also started shooting video this way -- the xv6800 camera is 2M and shoots some pretty nice video for a camera/pda.

Will Evans wrote:
Does anyone use their iPhone/mobile device to send notes to themselves? How
about refer back to their ideas that the posted to Twitter to follow up -
with images attached? Just trying to get a feel for all the ways we keep
track of the constant assault on our senses, how we process, store, and
return to those inspirations, thoughts, ideas.