Thnx for the initial answers. Some background.

@ Mark young:
The persons who have to use the interface are illegal persons
(Convicts) who wil be send back to their homeland because committing
a crime. Most of these persons came illegal to our country. Normaly
before sending them back, they wil have an intake, to give them some
knowledge of their competences and information how for example they
can get a new job or a income in their homeland. This now done in
personal conversation. Problem with this is that the person who wil
be send back most of the time, won't corperate and interact. They
simple won't interact with a guard. This is why it's very difficult
to do these intakes. Most of these illegal persons will interact with
eachother. With cames from cultures they come from. By creating a
intermediar (computer) between the guards and the convicts. We hope
we see some interaction and hopely also a direct interaction between
guards and convicts. For this we wanna use computer system with a
coach to help a convict fill in a intake on their own along some
other things. This is done by small tests a interactive coach and
group interaction with other convicts. We already have such a system
for dutch criminals in testing and that seems to work quite good. But
those perons are dutch and most them can read and write.

The foreign conficts can't. Some can, but only in their language.
And a few in english. That why my idea is to create a (non textual)
interface. I hope this makes it al more clearer.

Motivation of use. Well, they have to. No natural motivation. We want
to  encourage it by giving some kudo's and priviledges if they at
least try.

Why no qualitive research. These persons are criminals. The only
people who are suited to do some sort of research are guards and most
of them are not good interviewers. A have seen the stats, place of
origin, cultural different and knowledge of devices (radio's,
celphones, tv's etc) For now that al i have.

@Katie Albers
Thanx for making my problem much clearer. i included new info to
explain how this interface will be used.