Actually, the interface standards for the Mac pre-date the release of the first Mac and were given to the software developers for that first machine. Those vendors were sought out and actively courted partly because interface requirements were a new concept. When the standards became more generally available, I'm not sure.

kt

Katie Albers
Founder & Principal Consultant
FirstThought
User Experience Strategy & Project Management
310 356 7550
ka...@firstthought.com