I suspect this is analogous to "banner blindness" and that the 3rd column invisibility is the effect of the frequent ads there, but it exists now, for whatever reason, you may as well use it.

kt

Katie Albers
Founder & Principal Consultant
FirstThought
User Experience Strategy & Project Management
310 356 7550
ka...@firstthought.com