"Mobile Station"? Who on earth came up with that? No, never mind, don't tell me.

I'd ask a bunch of users/potential users (and no, I don't mean their bosses/managers/supervisors - I trust we all know better than that) "What is a Mobile Station"? It's my bet that they will all look at you blankly and maybe start to try to reason out what it must mean. Then ask them what they would call the piece of equipment you're documenting. "Radio" may also be wrong. Use what they come up with.

Just to make your point stronger, have a couple of your managers listen in. If this is really for emergency personnel, the last thing you want is a fireman trying to remember what he's supposed to call that thing in his hand.

Katie

Katie Albers
ka...@firstthought.com
251 517 0344