Powell Tate, the Washington, DC office of Weber Shandwick, a global
public relations and communications firm is expanding our Digital
Communications team. We are looking for a *Digital Architect* focused
on user experience to help us create intuitive, effective and engaging
online experiences for our clients and their users. This is a job for
someone who understands how people interact with information online
and how to effectively communicate over the emerging social Web. The
role focuses on the initial planning and concepting stages of a
project to gather and process requirements and objectives and
synthesize this information into a blueprint for the creation of a
great user experience. The ideal candidate * understands how to
address users' needs to ensure intuitive access to information and
to drive them to take action.

The work will touch on some of the most pressing issues of the day
through the work of our nonprofit, corporate, association and
government clients.

*Job Responsibilities:*

* Work with team members and clients to identify and define user
needs and project objectives

* Turn gathered requirements into visuals to guide design and
development including use cases, personas, site maps and wireframes

* Plan and execute research activities including surveys, process
tests

* Work with designers, developers and content editors to guide
development of the ideal product for our clients

* Follow and evaluate emerging Web technologies, design trends,
social media and UX techniques for opportunities to apply to our
client work

*Required Qualifications:*

* 2-3 years of relevant digital communications experience;
Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications

* Strong understanding of the principles of Web usability,
accessibility, interface design, information architecture, user
research

* Knowledge of HTML, DHTML, Flash, JavaScript and related
Interactions

* Work well with a variety of key internal and external stakeholders

* Be proficient at managing multiple projects across many teams at
one time

* A fun, collaborative attitude

*Desired Qualifications:*

* Experience with user research techniques

* Proficiency in creating diagrams using applications like Microsoft
Visio, OmniGraffle, Adobe Illustrator or similar

* Background in Web design, development and/or human-computer
interaction

To apply, please send cover letter, resume and compensation history
to: j...@powelltate.com

Powell Tate is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V