I noticed this as well. Originally I was planning to look for my next
job in the fall, but with the amount of positions open now and with
the fear that this is temporary (though I would hope that it will be
a continued term), I decided to start applying now with the hope to
start in May. I submitted a few applications for positions in the DC
area on Monday/Tuesday this week and had received two calls for phone
interviews by the end of the week. Both places made it clear they had
an urgent need to hire someone. The positions (UI design/development)
are for someone with 1-3 yrs experience and I have 1.5 years
experience doing front-end web development and UX/IA tasks for a
college, some graduate-level coursework in a related field, and some
digital PR internship experience.