Hi all have a couple of question relating to R&D and research users.

I'm running a workshop the beginning of next month. The client would
like the sessions to be focused on a user group they are aware of but
have little documented understanding of their true characteristics.

The group they have identified has been labeled 'R&D and
researchers', my question is has anyone worked with this type of
user, have any pointers as to what their characteristics maybe or
examples they could point me in the direction of?

Secondly is anyone aware of 'communities' that these type of
professionals maybe part of?

Thanks in advance

Adam