I've just been reading PlexNex and was wondering, since Microsoft has floated
enough vapourware to make flight above 3 foot extremely dangerous -
rock-filled clouds are such a hazard to aerial navigation ;) - perhaps Sun
could help them along?

I'm referring to a response Brian Jones made to a comment of mine on his blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/archive/2005/11/22/495876.aspx#comments
"Wesley, did you know that OpenOffice 2.0 can read and write the Office 2003
XML format (WordprocessingML)? There are tons of implementations out there
that work with those formats. The new formats for '12' aren't done yet, so
it's not really a suprise that there aren't many implementations out there
yet. "
and someone else's response to him:
"Hey, Brian, the OpenOffice.org support of Office 2003 XML is covered here not
because the license of Office XML Schema is liberal, but because Sun and MS
have reached an anti-trust settlement over a year ago:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/02/sun_settles_with_ms/

On Patents and Intellectual Property: "

I've mentioned on that blog what I think are extremely reasonable steps that
Microsoft should take to get taken seriously - not that I believe they've got
the nerve for that: plenty of nerve to harrass customers, no nerve to do what
makes sense, would you believe it! ;) - perhaps Sun should seriously twist
their arm to let Sun do an MS Office 12 XML filter for OO.org?

Then let people see and compare the horrendous mess MSO12 XML makes versus the
clarity of OO.org's ODF?

Microsoft are amongst the world's most prolific business producers of hot air
- let them be hoist by their own petard, if they will!

Wesley Parish

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:05, Sam Hiser wrote:
> I've amplified this terrific article by Daniel, David, Bruce & Alex on
> www.PlexNex.com
>
> -Sam
>
> Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Excellent article at Groklaw:
> >
> > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20051125144611543
> >
> > It's a technical comparison between OpenDocument and Microsoft's XML
> > format. It's intended to be suitable for a semi-technical audience
> > (ie. people who know a bit of HTML) and the focus is on interoperability.
> >
> > OpenDocument beats MS XML in interoperability hands down. And this
> > article explains some of the technical reasons why. I highly recommend
> > it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Daniel.

-----