Hi,

XP Pro, 512 RAM, 2.7 GHz P4, reasonably sure free of virus/malware.

Relatively new to OO.o 2.3.1 as of about a week and a half ago.
I'm having quite a few problems with some large files in Writer.  I see
many references to the issue in old posts but not anything that seems
actually relevant.  Perhaps some clarification may be possible?

Consistant Styles, only about 7 different styles used throughout.

--  Is there a max recommended .odt file size that should be opened?
Anything beyond 10 Meg seems to become pretty slow to open/save (.doc to
.odt or already .odt)

--  Anything in the 100 Meg area takes many moons to open, even if it's
already a .odt.  I've had the occasional Save failure too along the
lines of hte next item:

--  The 200 Meg and up area often results inLoad failure:  file never
opens, cpu use drops to near 0%, gray screen.

Only have one file so large it makes OOo drop to its kness, and I'm in
the process of breaking that up with Word, so things are workable, but
... I thought I'd ask to see if there are known size breakpoints to
watch out for in general and whether such things are recognized by the
authors.  Or, is there a better way to do what I'm tryhing to do?
---------------

In this particular application it's a book of separately written
chapters equating to about 400 pages when it's assembled into Master
Document in Word.  Goal is to OO's Master Document mode to do the same
thing as I used Word's MDoc for; TOC, chapter/page numbering, titling,
etc..

I am wide open to suggestions if there are better methods to use here.

TIA,

Twayne
--
a staunch supporter of open source