> On 05/21/2008 08:17 AM, Marty Greenlief wrote:
>> I recently downloaded openoffice from your site. I own
>> "greenlief.com" and put, as my email on your site
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> I'm starting to get junk email already, after 1 day, to this email
>> address.
>>
>> Please cease and desist sending junk email to this address, or you
>> will be held accountable...
>>
>> Marty
>
> I am purposely not cc'ing Marty on this (his post was moderated).
>
> I wonder if perhaps there is something new in the registration process
> that is auto-subscribing new OOo users to these lists. I've noticed
> several posts like this recently in the users list as well.

Hmm, intersting; fortunately it's bypassed me so far.  But ...
Wouldn't it be rather easy to scrape addresses from news.gmane.org post
Headers?  e.g. I just looked at it and see your address and a Reply To;
same with everyone else that posts.
   It's one of the "bennies" of newsgroups, unfortunately.  I'm not
aware at least , of any such mechanism that could protect robot scraping
from a publically accessible newsgroup.  You have to join to post, but
not to read.

Regards,

Twayne