NoOp wrote:
On 08/23/2011 07:16 PM, RA Brown wrote:
drew jensen wrote:
On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 17:37 -0700, NoOp wrote:
On 08/23/2011 08:53 AM, RA Brown wrote:

There are discussions going on at the ooo-...@incubator.apache.org .
These discussions relate to where the mailing list are needed are not.
We are needing feedback so please let the mailing list at Apache know if
you depend on these list for support.  If not and are willing to use
forums that is also needs to be known.

The answer is quite simple:  notify all posters in the thread that their
will be closed immediately and transferred to a web forum site instead.
Oh, and by the way, it may take 1-2 months to get the new forum setup.
See what their reaction is...

hmm - no one is saying no mailing lists, it is about how many.

Most of the conversation, currently, is about the user mailing list.

As for needing months to setup a forum - really? They are on-line
today..have been for years. You can even choose which one you want to
use, or none.

//drew

Hi Drew,

He was only kidding.  I get were he is coming from with it though and
wish I had thought of it. :)  If there is not some input from those that
use the list, it will go away.

Andy

:-)

I'll subscribe&  add my 2 cents later this evening... and yes I'll be
polite.

Thank you.