On 10/26/2011 08:29 AM, Dr. George Kostopoulos wrote:

> Dear Open Office,
>
> I have experienced a problem with/Open Office/.
> I receive homeworks from my students and when I open them sometimes pages are
> just blank or missing.
> This time, I decided to bring this issue to your attention.
> Last week, I received the attached document.
> When I open it with/Open Office/ the document ends with a few lines on top of
> page five.
> When I open it with /Corel Write/ I see more text, References and Biography.
> My Open Office is about one year old.
This is interesting. I tried your document on the following:

1. OOo 3.2.1 (go-oo Ubuntu distribution build linux)
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1.

The file opens properly and displays 7 full pages of text including
References and Biography etc., with no problem.

2. OOo-Dev (standard build linux)
OOo-dev 3.4.0
DEV300m106 (Build:9582)

Crashes OOo immediately & leaves a lock file in place.

3. LibreOffice 3.3.4 (standard build linux)
LibreOffice 3.3.4
OOO330m19 (Build:401)
tag libreoffice-3.3.4.

Crashes LO immediately & leaves a lock file in place.

4. LibreOffice 3.4.4 (standard build linux)
LibreOffice 3.4.4
OOO340m1 (Build:402)

Crashes LO immediately & leaves a lock file in place.

Unfortunately I no longer have earlier 'standard' OOo versions installed
or I would have tested with them as well. In any event it appears that
you have a reportable bug.