Hi-

I am trying to figure out if there would be a packet order issue with the
current version of OVS. Consider a case where a controller has added a
forwarding rule for a specific flow (Flow A) and this rule is not yet
installed in the DP. In this scenario, it is conceivable that certain
(bursty) traffic patterns on Flow A can result in the packets being sent
out of order. E.g. consider an initial burst of 5 packets that miss the
kernel flow table, followed by several subsequent packets arriving at
random intervals. As soon as the userspace processes the flow miss, it will
install a rule in the kernel. Depending on the relative timing of the rule
installation, any of these subsequent packets could get switched directly
by the kernel before the previous packets that took the slow path could get
forwarded. I couldn't find any special handling to cover this case. Most
likely it is already handled and I am just missing the part where it is
done. Could anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks,
Joji