    Saeed> Sue,
    Saeed> Simon et al have a paper about spatial visualisation that is
    Saeed> worth to have a look. The title is "Predictors of Success in
    Saeed> a First Programming Course" and appeared at the Eighth
    Saeed> Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2006),
    Saeed> Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, January 2006.

The more relevant paper from this study is

@InProceedings{Tolhurst:ACE-2006:213,
  author = {D. Tolhurst and B. Baker and J. Hamer and I. Box and R. Lister and
Q. Cutts
            and M. Petre and M. de Raadt and A. Robbins and S. Fincher and
Simon and
            P. Haden and K. Sutton and M. Hamilton and J. Tutty},
  title = {Do map drawing styles of novice programmers predict success in
programming?
           A multi-national, multi-institutional study},
  booktitle =    {{ACE'06} Australasian Computer Society Education Conference},
  month     = feb,
  year      = 2006,
  pages     = {213--222},
  series =       {Conferences in Research and Practice in Information
Technology},
  publisher =    {Australian Computer Society},
  editor =       {D. Tolhurst and S. Mann},
  volume =       52
}

I look forward to reading your ITiCSE paper.

--
-- John Hamer                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Department of Computer Science  http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~j-hamer