>So I would be, frankly, astonished if it could be shown that
>*everyone* is equally trainable in programming to a
>professional standard, any more than it could be shown that
>everyone could learn to be a professional golfer or a
>professional artist or a professional mathematician or a
>professional teacher.

Actually I think that most people could be trained to these levels or
pretty close to them with sufficient effort. However, people can't be
trained to be virtuosi - that requires something more which may well be
a geek gene, or a sheer bloodymindedness gene or just some lucky
physical accident of body configuration, or all three.

L.