I've run into many issues using CF-built queries on an Access db over the years. I recall one that had about a dozen doublequotes in it. Freaky!

Have you tried including the [] around the field name just for fun?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Sorry, the double quotes in the query statements are simply a typo on my
part. I didn't copy and paste the actual query,  I simply retyped it as I
wrote the email and out of bad habit used " quotes.

The quotes ' or " is not the problem.  This query and/or using the REPLACE
function works perfectly well on all my SQL datasources.  This particular
site (still) has an Access db. And therein lies the rub.

Yes, I could, and probably should, "upsize" the Access mdb to SQL-2000, but
for right now that's more trouble than simply making the query behave.

So, any ideas on how to use the REPLACE function in a query on an Access db?
Or, baring that, how would you create a similar end result of ORDER BY the
mTitle column ignoring "the" if it is the first word in a movie title?

Thanks,

Dan