Teddy, I think he is saying that when he hits the url (the same box)
via the external url it works but using 127.0.0.1 (logged in via term
services or something?) doesnt...

is that right?

On 3/15/07, Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, the external website has its own web server.  To server ColdFusion,
the web server that is handling the requests for the external web site would
need to have ColdFusion installed on it as well.

On your local system, you would have a developer copy of ColdFusion
typically, but on external websites you will either have the hosting
provider having ColdFusion installed or the dedicated server having
ColdFusion installed.

Either way, you need a software piece to be able to interpret and parse
ColdFusion pages.  ColdFusion is not native to IIS or Apache.

The developer edition is free, but for servers that have more than one
connection connecting to it, then you will need to buy additional software.

Teddy

On 3/15/07, Troy Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would that still be true if the pages were served externally in the proper
manner? This problem only exists when trying to open a .cfm locally on the
server. For example, this site, http://www.superlawntrucks.com is served as
requested and there are no errors with it when accessed externally.

> Troy Jones
>

> Dynapp Support Team
>
> 678-528-2952
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> ________________________________

is available from your start menu or it can be located in your Control Panel
menu.

> I agree with Dean about your web server not knowing how to serve CF
pages.  What happens in IIS, is a DLL file is associated to a .cfm or .cfml
files.  This DLL has the responsibility of calling and executing the CF
engine to parse the .cfm page being requested.

> If IIS doesn't know what to do with a file extension, it will download it
like it an executable or .zip file.

http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/

> >> Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> >> List hosted by http://www.fusionlink.com

> >> Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> >> List hosted by http://www.fusionlink.com

> > Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> > List hosted by http://www.fusionlink.com

> > Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> > List hosted by http://www.fusionlink.com

> Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> List hosted by http://www.fusionlink.com

> --
> Teddy R. Payne
> Adobe Certified ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
> Google Talk - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Atlanta ColdFusion User Group - http://www.acfug.org
> Atlanta Flash & Flex User Group - http://www.affug.org

> Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> List hosted by FusionLink

> Archive @
http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/
> List hosted by FusionLink

Teddy R. Payne
Adobe Certified ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
Google Talk - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Atlanta ColdFusion User Group - http://www.acfug.org
Atlanta Flash & Flex User Group - http://www.affug.org
List hosted by FusionLink