This was supposidly fixed in the latest release though.

-Steven

On 3/24/07, Leif Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Cheyenne,

I remember something like this happening to me last month with a specific
page I was working on.

If I recall correctly, all I had to do is type "<cfscript" and CFEclipse
would freeze up. It might have been another tag, but I believe that was the
one.

I did not solve the CFEclipse problem as I fixed the page I was working on
and moved on. If I remember correctly, there had already been a bug reported
in the Trac (
http://trac.cfeclipse.org/cfeclipse/ticket/263).

Leif

On 3/23/07, Cheyenne Throckmorton < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By crashing I mean I'll type a couple lines of code, then it just stops
responding and gives an hourglass until I stop it.  the javaw.exe process
also jumps to about 50% of my CPU.

> Before I did have the Java perspective incidently on before, but switched
to just have cfeclipse perspective on with still the same result.  Turning
on the Show Heap Status option, I do have something in the lower right-hand
corner that says "14M of 40M".  Is that the heap?

> I'm going to look into reinstalling the JRE altogether next and see if
that helps.

> On 3/23/07, Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > also, in eclipse, window > preferences > general   check Show Heap
Status.  This will give you a little memory monitor tool in the status bar
lower right corner.  you can run a manual GS using it too.

> > DK
> >

> > On 3/23/07, Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > > I went through some major crashing issues for awhile, but of late
things seem fairly stable.  I had my issues with running eclipse with the
FlexBuilder, FDS, and CFEclipse plugins under Eclipse 3.2.1 WTP.  I'm
running the latest Eclipse WTP pull now though.  Besides tweaking the memory
settings, I now make sure I have no more than 1 perspective open at a time.
Note this is when working with a FDS project. Working with CFeclipse
projects only I have not seen any issues.

> > > Now, what do you mean by crashing?  Just bamm there goes Eclipse? Or
do you get a popup about something concerning out of memory would you like
to close y or n?

> > > Check out these performance suggestions too:
> > > http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t61618.html
> > >
> > > DK

it and have really enjoyed its use since being convinced to give it a
go after a good discussion about it during the last perimeter cf_lunch (read
- shameless plug for cf_lunches).

anyone else had problems that last few days?  The only thing that I can
throw out there as a guess to whats going on is that I did upgrade from
Firefox 1.5 to Firefox 2.0, around the same time.   Do they maybe use some
of the same files?  Anyone heard of this?  Googling around it seems that at
least in older postings (ca. 2005) they were related, but I can't find
anything newer.

utilize the design view that often in DW so I'm not really looking forward
to going back, especially since its having all sorts of sync issues right
now.  Probably something with the timestamps being off on files.  I've had
that issue with it in the past, and I was just waiting til after DST would
be normal again before trying to fix something that might resolve itself in
a few weeks.

http://www.mail-archive.com/discussion%40acfug.org/

> > > --
> > > Douglas Knudsen