Cody, I'd never used it to be honest, but this sounded like an interesting
challenge (the latent librarian in me jumping to attention.) Doing a little
digging found that it seems Alagad stopped supporting it in 2004.

- Note on Alagad referring to "past users of the Alagad Magick"
http://www.alagad.com/go/blog-entry/use-the-image-component-to-scale-images-
to-a-specific-width-or-height-proportionately

And the main ImageMagick site no longer makes mention of any CF, ColdFusion,
integration.
- http://www.imagemagick.com/

But they do offer a java api implementation, JMagick. Should be able to call
it from CF6 and above via cfobject/createobject.
- http://www.yeo.id.au/jmagick/

There's also MagickNet, the.net api implementation (which should be able to
call from CF8 or BD.NET)
- http://midimick.com/magicknet/

Then I found another implementation of a CFX using imagemajick, though a c++
one instead of Java:
- http://www.kolumbus.fi/~kr0626/cfx_openimage/ (updated in 2007)

I actually found the latter at the end of a long discussion at CF-talk where
others mentioned other tags that didn't work back then (2005) as well as
some saying "just call ImageMagick via CFEXECUTE", which seems still another
option for you:
- http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/thread.cfm/threadid:39561

That may be your best bet. I'm guessing you can't use the built-in image
manipulation in CF? Let us know if any of these work for you.

/charlie

  _____