I bought a laptop stand and use my 17" macbook pro with a wireless keyboard
and mouse. No complaints here. 17" is plenty big enough for hacking out CF
etc. It would be nice to have a 20+ inch widescreen but, honestly who needs
dual monitors with a desktop manager?

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Howard Fore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes but the dual monitor support on most non-Apple laptops comes through a
> docking station. At least that's how I've done it on the last three Windows
> laptops I've used (Dell, HP, IBM). The docking station had both VGA and DVI
> and the video chipset would support driving both (although not the built-in
> screen as well :-( ). In the Mac world Bo0okEndz is the only docking station
> I know of. They do have both VGA and DVI on their docks but the manual is
> mum on whether or not you can drive two monitors with it.
> Honestly I don't miss it at home though. I've got a 20 widescreen Dell
> 2005FPW and the 17 inch display in the PowerBook (still rockin' the OG
> PowerPC) and have my PowerBook setup so that it's at roughly the same
> viewing height when it's on the desk (which isn't really that often). At
> work (Windows-world) the two monitors are non-widescreen 17 inchers.
>
> Howard
>
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Derrick Peavy <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hmmmmm.
> > Ok, I see. Wasn't thinking that way. Yes, the laptops can mirror to any
> > size display, but there is only one video out port, so you would have to
> > split. Isn't that the case with --most-- laptops?  Looks like the thread has
> > some good info about how the hardware works and what is does/does not do. My
> > bad.
> >

> --
> Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood

Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://blog.stevensross.com
[mobile] 404-488-4364 [fax] (404) 592-6885
[ AIM / Yahoo! : zeriumsteven ] [googleTalk : nowhiding ]