These sorts of questions are why people participate in alpha/beta
programs.  These are all points which should be brought up and aired
out WAY before the final bits ship.  Some thoughts come to mind....

1) Add "access" attributes to cfproperty for public/private
2) Add "roles" attribute for authorization
3) Override anything that required more complex logic
4) Type attribute already exists in cfproperty, implicit getter setter
could check types based on that

These already exist in other areas of CF.  Would be intuitive to add them.

This is pretty much how ActionScript 3 works BTW.

-Cameron

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Dean H. Saxe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Which of course sucks if you want encapsulation and limits on the
> setters/getters based on authorization.  Is this controllable in some
> manner?
>
> -dhs
>

> Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Free speech exercised both individually and through a free press, is a
> necessity in any country where people are themselves free."
>    -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
>

> On Jun 18, 2008, at 10:39 AM, Douglas Knudsen wrote:
>
>> "Implicit getters/setters
>> The cfproperty will generate the implicit getters and setters on the
>> backend to save you from writing the code."
>>
>> nice!  Was overriding mentioned for these?
>>
>> DK
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:28 AM, John Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just posted my notes from the keynote this morning at my blog,
>>> www.codfusion.com The keynote covered a lot of new features coming in the
>>> next release of Coldfusion.
>>>
>>> John Mason
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> 770.337.8363
>>>
>>> www.FusionLink.com - ColdFusion and Flex hosting
>>> Now offering VPS Plans running with VMware technology
>>> Now offering ColdFusion 8 Enterprise hosting
>>> FREE Subversion hosting

>> --
>> Douglas Knudsen
>> http://www.cubicleman.com