Actually - you could make it look like this:

http://www.frbatlanta.org/<http://www.frbatlanta.org/invoke.cfm?objectid=1B958F16-5056-9F12-126A0E08FED1D8F1&method=display>
go/promo5

You'd map anything that starts with "go/" to be passed to a CF template via
the ISAPI filter and in CF you'd look for the long complex URL that matches
the friendly URL and CFLOCATION the person to the right URL.  You'd have to
manage the friendly URL strings somehow, and that might not be directly
supported by Spectra (shudder), but it would work.

There is alot more you can do with this filter too.  I worked on a project
for a major retailer who'd implemented it for every single page on their
entire sute, using short names for each section and item.  The whole site is
human readable, but underneath is picking apart the URL and using the
friendly URL data to drive it.

-Cameron

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM, shawn gorrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So what would it makes something like this look like?
>

> http://www.frbatlanta.org/invoke.cfm?objectid=1B958F16-5056-9F12-126A0E08FED1D8F1&method=display
>
> ?
>

> http://www.frbatlanta.org/invoke.cfm/1B958F16-5056-9F12-126A0E08FED1D8F1/display/
>

> Still longer than I'd like.