Brandong / Leif -

I can chunk the data as it loads or I can include a .db in the app
itself.  I could also upload the .db file as a file after AIR starts
(if sandboxes let me).

Essentially, the requirement is for this app to be fully functional in
offline mode, including all customer records, of which there are
nearly a million (and will likely be over a million by next year).  I
haven't even tested SQLite's performance at that scale yet, but their
website seems to indicate it's within reason.

My best idea right now is to 1) preload a .db in the AIR app 2) query
that DB for the record with the latest "last modified date" and 3)
callback to the server for any deltas since the .db was created, based
on that lastmod date.

-Cameron

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Leif Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, I have NOT tried this myself, but... I swear that there was talk about
> this else where. If I had time today, I would try this myself on one of my
> AIR projects, but I have bugs to stomp.
>
> I believe that you can create a .db file, package it up in the AIR package,
> and on first start-up move that file into preferred place on the user's
> system.
>
> Then, if there are changes to the database you can update your db and
> re-create your AIR file. For files already deployed, you can set up a way to
> sync the database.
>
> Does that make sense? Can someone confirm that this is the proper way to
> deal with preloading databases?
>
> Leif
> subject line
>
> For more info, see http://www.affug.com