On 3/30/07, Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I really like about pfsense/m0n0 is that it allows you
to build IPsec tunnels between firewalls. This is rather important,
because I happen to live in a country where ISPs are required to
spy on their customers by law (storing all connection info,
and allowing tapping on demand). By presenting the ISP only
a VPN tunnel all they can do is only do traffic analysis.

Since I have a few IP numbers out of my /24 I'm not using yet
I'd like to build a VPN tunnel (pfsense to pfsense) to one or
several public IPs at my hoster.

I vaguely recall someone putting 0.0.0.0 into the remote subnet field
in IPSEC and it set the default gateway to the IPSEC tunnel.  This is
all from memory and it was around version 0.80 so details are faint.
If I recall Alan from the UK was the person working with it.  Maybe he
can chime in.

Scott