On 9/11/09 11:17 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
So what do I do with my /24? Private IP space behind
LAN, and 1:1 for every address? (That would be pretty
difficult to recover from should my firewall die, right
now every box has public IPs and can be fully routed
even though then directly exposed to the hostile
Internet).

What you describe is exactly what we are in the process of rolling out,
although we are using a different (higher powered) Supermicro server. They make
a nice 1RU (half depth) unit with 4 NICs on the front panel.

I don't think the private IP space will make it that much harder to recover
from, unless you lose both your firewalls at once. And on the plus side you get
to pass that stupid NAT requirement in the PCI DSS if you have to handle credit
cards.

Ari