On 02/02/10 12:19, Alexander Norman wrote:
> Try a firmware upgrade or downgrade.
> The broadcom firmware has been a bit shaky.
>
> The easiest way to do it is to install for example windows 2008 server
> (30 day evaluation) and do a firmware upgrade through it.

I had a horrible feeling you were going to suggest installing windows.

well, fortunately I bought a spare Dell disk caddy specifically for
building a multi-boot utility disk for these sort of tasks. I'm going to
have some spare R300 servers soon anyway so I can get set up on one of
those first before I wreck our firewall :-)

I've a few other last resort ideas to try before your yours, but thanks
very much and if anything else occurs to anyone I'm willing to listen to
anything even if it seems silly.