On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Zied Fakhfakh <zyd...@gnet.tn> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to port/build pfsense on freescale 8349e powerpc based system.
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC8349E
> It holds the e300 powerPC processor.
>
> Nice board

am I getting into a very large deep desert ?

Doing these ports is quite fun because you end up needing to compile the
entire pfSense distribution on the board itself until the FreeBSD ports
system has cross-build support (which as of right now it does not).

So with that said what you are undertaking is not terribly difficult but
more or less is a time sucking leach.

If you are willing to spend 300+ hours on such a project I will help however
I can.

Scott