Thank you.
It's good to know that.
But is there is some prognosis on the 2.0 release date?

04.01.2011 7:35, Chris Buechler wrote:
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:36 PM, st41ker<st41...@st41ker.net>  wrote:
Hello,

PfSense is a very popular project and it used around the globe. So I can say
that that is an international wide product.
But when I look at localization I see that it's not so good for
international usage.
Hardcoded english is everywhere. I know that there is nothing wrong with
that but that is a huge blank space for a modern opensource software since
that almost every product of such type is supporting localization and  at
least gives the community ability to localize it.

I know that there is people that will help in translating PfSense but
developers should help from their end also: templates, localization string
usage etc.

Is that is so hard to implement?

2.0 already has gettext on the entire web interface, and all of inc is
in a git clone that wasn't finished quickly enough to be merged for
2.0 release but will be shortly after its release I expect. It was a
*huge* amount of work. Bluepex, who sells a rebranded and translated
version in Brazil, had a few staff members on that for many weeks (not
full time but putting in a lot of hours) to get it finished. More will
come on that later, including seeking people willing to help
translate.

Thanks,
St41ker.