On 11-04-18 09:47 AM, Vinicius Coque wrote:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Adam Thompson<athom...@athompso.net>  wrote:
From: Vinicius Coque [mailto:vco...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 08:01

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Chris Buechler<cbuech...@gmail.com>
wrote:
On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Vinicius Coque<vco...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Now I understand the problem. I'll keep track of the bug on
redmine.

I would definitely check the problem on the switch too as in a CARP
setup it shouldn't have problems with MACs that switch between ports
quickly. That bug in and of itself isn't the problem, the nature of
CARP means that switch issue will potentially cause other issues for
you in the future.

My client really needs the cluster working, so I have to find a
solution for
that. Now you gave me more information about the problem, I'll check
the switch and the CARP setup and see what I can get. If something
works for me I'll inform you.

Can you tell us what model of switch(es) is(are) involved here?  There
are some specific configurations that can cause issues, others on the
list may be able to make suggestions.

-Adam Thompson
  athom...@athompso.net

Hi Adam

We are using two switches HP E5500-24G

--
Vinícius Coque

These switches should be able to do not only carp but cook for you and clean
your house -)
Do quick test. Determine on which port of the switch VIP's MAC is located where you are running without problem, then introduce the problem and watch where this MAC is now, does it correspond to where you see Active VIP?
At the same time I would run tcpdump on both hosts to see who is advertising as
MASTER.
Evgeny.