It's a lot of time I'm using PF and I really appreciate it. The guys are
doing a very good job.

I'm successfully using PF 2.0-RC3, even on Alix (embedded)  an installed
on PC,  with ipsec vpn, OVPN, carp for failover, WAN in load balancing
on 2 diffrent ADSL lines, etc. Everything is working really fine.

But a few days ago I encountered a problem that I cannot understand and
resolve: I've been upgrading a couple of PF installed on pc (configured
in failover with CARP, 5 nics) from release 1.2.3 to 2.0-RC3.

In version 1.2.3 and all the previous updates have everything been
working fine.

After the upgrade to 2.0-RC3 I had just one problem, but because of this
I had to revert to 1.2.3.

Here is the problem:
After the upgrade to version 2.0-RC3 every protocol is filtered fine out
of the SMTP traffic from the e-mail provider to the internal MailReley
server. Reverting to 1.2.3 it works fine again.

An inspetction to the traffic made through a mirror port on the switch
shows the different behaviours reported below

 Hrere are the anonimized data sniffed with related to

--
Odette Nsaka <odette.ns...@libero.it>