Is the "shell background" REALLY that necessary?

Nobody understands what it is now since it is covered
almost entirely by the nav-bar, what we do see is a
flashing disturbance on the peripheral when scrolling
down. I'm in constant fear that I'll develop epilepsy
by the background ;)

Besides, I'm sorry Shlomi, but the shell background is
just plain ugly. It's nice that you like it and that
you have the power to decide, but remember that the
page is not ment for you, and that a lot of people
already said that it gives the page an unprofessional
look.
I'm sorry that I'm using harsh words, but softer words
where said by others with no effect.

And if I'm already out of "lurking mode", I have to
say that all the arguing and fighting around these
mails are getting tired, Alon and Shlomi's online
fight over the webpage, the fight over which mailing
list to use, Meta or Discussions (I mean, god, is that
really so important?! ), the fight over mailing list
or board, etc...
All of these fighting shows me how relevant "Hamakor"
is nowadays, and is part of my reasons (and not all,
there are other issues too) on deciding not to renew
my donation this year.