Hi!

Just for the record, here is a conversation from #joomla regarding this:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
   <rindolf>  Hi all.
   <rindolf>  Can I change the Joomla URL of
              http://www.hamakor.org.il/content/view/17/26/ to something
 <winwinwin>  rindolf yes
 <winwinwin>  in settings
 <winwinwin>  turn SEO on and mod_rewrite on
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: mod_rewrite?
        <to>  hii
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: the Apache mod_rewrite?
 <winwinwin>  rindolf yes
 <winwinwin>  rindolf turn it on
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: hmmppf....
 <winwinwin>  by mv htaccess.txt to .htacces
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: and shouldn't I add directives to the .htaccess
              file.
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: oh.
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: htaccess.txt in the Joomla distribution.
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: will Joomla know to do the right thing.
   <rindolf>  ?
 <winwinwin>  rindolf turn them on in the setting panel
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: turn what?
 <winwinwin>  three radio inputs actually
 <winwinwin>  go to admin and global settings
 <winwinwin>  just turn the first two on
 <winwinwin>  are you using RC3?
   <rindolf>  winwinwin: I don't know what we're using.
 <winwinwin>  ok
 <winwinwin>  try it
 <winwinwin>  it would work fine

Regards,