What is the process you use to create the ISO files for your distro?  I'd
especially like to hear from those of you who work on Debian-based distros.

For Swift Linux, I used a modified version of the remastering script of the
parent distro.  When Swift Linux was an antiX Linux derivative, I started with
the antiX Linux ISO and used a modified version of the antiX Linux remastering
script to create the Swift Linux ISO (bypassed the parts that require user
input by filling in the information; added commands in the chroot stage to
modify antiX Linux to include my changes).  The procedure was basically the
same when I switched to LMDE as the parent distro.

As I mentioned before, the new parent distro will be Debian Stable (so I have
more control).  I'm not sure how to proceed with the remastering process.  I'd
like to hear how you do things.  The possibilities are:
1.  Use Remastersys: If I can get past the issue of what username and password
to enter when I boot up the live CD, this could be a viable option.  It's so
much faster than the old remastering process.  (The time-consuming parts
bypassed in the Remastersys route are getting the file system out of the parent
distro's ISO and executing the Swift Linux commands in the chroot stage.)
2.  Use something similar to my old remastering procedure, with the Debian Live
ISO in place of the original antiX/LMDE ISO.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802...@jasonhsu.com>