On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 18:15 -0500, Dave Peterson wrote:
> Stanley A. Klein wrote:

> > Other failures included:
> >
> > endo - unpackaged pyc and pyo files (looks like a setup.py issue)
> >

> I get rpms built for this just fine.  Are you sure you have no local
changes?

The problem with this one may be a setuptools issue.

The failure in doing the bdist_rpm is on a file endo.py, which is
identified to setuptools in the setup.py as a script.  The file is
originally in enthought/endo/scripts.  The pyc and pyo files get built
there properly because of the [install] optimize=1 option in setup.cfg.
However, the INSTALLED_FILES also lists a /usr/bin/endo.py without the pyc
and pyo files.  The Fedora rpm system causes those optimization files to
be built unbeknownst to setuptools, which then causes the installed but
unpackaged files error.

I tried declaring the pyc and pyo files in the script statement, but at
that point they don't exist and I got an error to that effect.

There is probably a workaround, like commenting out the scripts
statement in the setup.py and providing rpm a post-install script to copy
endo.* into /usr/bin.  However, it would create separate setup.py files
for rpm and non-rpm packaging.

Stan Klein

Stanley A. Klein wrote:

> Other failures included:
>
> endo - unpackaged pyc and pyo files (looks like a setup.py issue)

I get rpms built for this just fine.  Are you sure you have no local
changes?

The problem with this one may be a setuptools issue.

The failure in doing the bdist_rpm is on a file endo.py, which is identified to setuptools in the setup.py as a script.  The file is originally in enthought/endo/scripts.  The pyc and pyo files get built there properly because of the [install] optimize=1 option in setup.cfg.  However, the INSTALLED_FILES also lists a /usr/bin/endo.py without the pyc and pyo files.  Fedora causes those optimization files to be built unbeknownst to setuptools, which causes the installed but unpackaged files error.