At 08:38 AM 3/12/2009 +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:35, Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 03:38, P.J. Eby <p...@telecommunity.com> wrote:
>> That's not a catch 22.  You simply run a 2.x setup.py with options that
>> cause the conversion to take place before running 3.x over the converted
>> result.  Now you have a 3.x version.
>
> How do you run this? What is the command you would use?

Eh, whatever, ignore the question. I'm tired of arguing.

I'm not aware anyone was arguing. I'm simply trying to understand what the problem is. There appears to be some unstated assumptions that we don't share, and I've been trying to find out what they are. I've suggested that perhaps my assumption that both the 2.x and 3.x interpreters are available was the one we don't share, but you didn't comment on that. Another possible assumption we don't share might be that a single source distribution with a single, "bilingual" (biversional?) setup.py is required. (I assume this is not required... but then again, it could perhaps be worked around by having a version-detecting setup.py that then invokes a setup2.py or setup3.py, accordingly.)

So I still don't know what the problem is, because you've not exposed all of your assumptions (as far as I can tell), nor corrected any of mine.