David Cournapeau <da...@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Buck wrote:
> >
> > I have no clue what you mean by 'sdists'. Is this a widely-known
> > thing?
>
> sdist is the name of the distutils command - it just means
> distributing a source tarball.

Again, please stop blurring the distinction. I can only assume at this
point that it's deliberate on your part, but I have no idea why.

A distutils ‘sdist’ is a combination of the source files *and* metadata
for distutils. A mere source tarball is *not* an sdist.

--
 \     “I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I |
  `\         am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I |