At 04:55 PM 10/14/2009 +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
2009/10/14 kiorky <kio...@cryptelium.net>:
> That's not what said the PEP (IOW what i had understood of)

Oh, you don't *use* it the same way, no, but I assumed that the
internal mechanisms would be similar. Maybe I was wrong.

You can use as many namespace package mechanisms as you want, simultaneously, as long as they're not all being used for the same namespace package.

Bear in mind that the true mechanism of nsp's is simply a module's __path__ object; pkgutil and pkg_resources simply provide utilities for setting the __path__ appropriately.

With PEP 382, the utilities become unnecessary, except for backward compatibility, and if you want to do fixup of a __path__ when sys.path is changed. However, as long as each nsp is only registered with one such utility, there should be no conflicts.