At 11:33 PM 10/19/2009 +0300, Alex Grönholm wrote:
P.J. Eby kirjoitti:
The long-overdue setuptools 0.6c10 update is now available on PyPI, at:

   http://pypi.python.org/setuptools/

Major updates and fixes include:

* Support for SVN 1.6 and Python 2.6
* Fix for the Python 2.6.3 build_ext API change
* Support for the most recent Sourceforge download link insanity
* Fix for Vista UAC errors running easy_install.exe or other
  "installer-looking" executables
* Fix for errors launching 64-bit Windows Python
According to the notice on the setuptools bug tracker, you did this by avoiding the use of LoadLibraryEx(). I don't see any changes in launcher.c in setuptools SVN yet, did you forget to commit?

It looks like I managed to revert it in my working copy, too. Crap. (Which is weird, because I know I built the executables before and tested them on a 64-bit Vista box.)

I've reapplied the changes and put it back in SVN. 'easy_install setuptools==dev06' will let you get it for now.

 Or am I looking in the wrong place?
I'd like to see your solution.

I changed the loadable_exe() function to be a no-op string copy, essentially.

Looks like I'll need to go ahead and put out a c11 tomorrow. Sorry about that. Thanks for the prompt report.