On 03:56 pm, li...@zopyx.com wrote:
Am 07.11.09 16:37, schrieb Tarek Ziad�:
On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Andreas Jung <li...@zopyx.com> wrote:
[..]
 - supports too much different versioning schemas. Both
  schema supported by setuptools and the one proposed
  by Tarek in some PEP are totally over-engineered.
  A simple and *enforced* versioning schema is what
  I want to see.
Unfortunately, as long as we have release candidates, and development versions,
we need a more complex scheme that MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.
Do we need/want development on PyPI? At least not me.

MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.PICO + |a-c]1..N

should be good enough.

Please be considerate of the time of other people and read the previous threads on this list about versioning schemes before proposing a new one. If you have done this, then please make it evident by describing how your proposed scheme addresses the problems raised in previous discussions, or how those problems are not important/real/whatever.

Thanks.

Jean-Paul