On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:30 AM, David Cournapeau
<da...@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Greg Ewing wrote:
>> As far as I can tell David seems to be saying that
>> instantiating a class for every file in the system
>> would be too much overhead.
>>
>> I'm not convinced about that -- make builds a dependency
>> graph with a node for every target before it goes
>> to work, and I think scons does something similar
>
> Yes, and scons has scalability problems because of this (both from CPU
> and memory POV).

But you were saying in the discussion that Disutils has a *design*
problem because it uses OOP...

Anyways, let's not drop the other part of this thread:

>> And that's the API we want to add in sysconfig, roughly.
>
> That does not solve the problem about getting FOO in the first place
> when calling get_install_path.

Why that ? where "FOO" comes from ? if it's an option you provide at
build time like you said,
earlier, you just pass it to the API to get the paths.

FOO is not coming from nowhere...