At 07:16 PM 11/30/2009 +0200, cool-RR wrote:
Well, that sort of sucks. And this is my motivation for bundling the `pkg_resources` from Distribute. The last thing I want is having my software fail for my users because of setuptools while I have Distribute installed locally and can't see the bug on my computer.

That's *really* unlikely. Setuptools' runtime functionality (i.e., pkg_resources) has an extremely low bug count. There have actually been more new pkg_resources bugs in Distribute's version of it (due to their changes) than there are outstanding reported bugs in the original pkg_resources.