On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Jeff Shell <eucci.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. That Macports ticket opened me up to the Python buildouts here:
>
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/buildout/python/
>
> I'm going to look into that and getting my team using it to build
> versions of Python we can use easily. MacPorts has been unreliable,
> lately, in keeping up. As MacPorts is a common tool, it's frustrating
> (but I guess it's understandable) that setuptools post-0.6c9 breaks on
> it.

I have fixed it now in Distribute. It will try to read the Mac Version
directly if platform.mac_ver()
fails as a fallback.

http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/92/no-eggs-found

The next Distribute version is going to be shipped probably this
week-end, so an alternative is
to use it instead of building Python, which might be quite painful.

Regards
Tarek