On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:

> Nathaniel's comment about how this might actually give pip a leg up on
> conda also sounds nice to me as I have enough worry about having a fissure
> in 1D along the Python 2/3 line, and I'm constantly worried that the
> scientific community is going to riot and make it a 2D fissure along Python
> 2/3, pip/conda axes and split effort, documentation, etc.

If it helps you sleep: I'm confident that no one is planning this
particular riot. It takes little work to support pip and conda - the hard
issues are mostly with building, not installing.

Smaller riots like breaking ``python setup.py install``  recommending ``pip
install .`` instead[1] are in the cards though:)

Ralf

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/61757