Hi folks,

Some time ago, we adjusted the distutils-sig PEP approval process to
include a "Provisional" status, where we approved changes for
inclusion in the reference implementations (typically pip and
setuptools), but still reserved the right to make adjustments if
practical experience showed that we'd missed something critical.

Earlier today, I merged the amendment to PEP 1 that makes that part of
the Python Enhancement Proposal process in general, and explicitly
marked the affected PEPs as Provisional.

For distutils-sig, that update affects both of the pyproject.toml PEPs
(although I expect PEP 518 isn't too far off being marked as Final -
the question of the precise meaning of a missing build-system table
when pyproject.toml is present seems to be the only underspecified
point that anyone has found during the Provisional period).