I would say that there is no specific timeline, I would urge everyone to
do it sooner rather than later, because even though we haven't *removed*
it, we're also mostly not fixing it if it's broken in some way (unless
it gets improved incidentally due to general codebase improvements). One
prominent example of this is that at least as of somewhat recently,
`test_requires` dependencies were installed with `easy_install`, which
has many problems - one of which is that it doesn't respect
`python_requires`. That will become increasingly important in a
post-Python 2 world, and even if we don't actively remove `setup.py
test`, you may be broken unexpectedly at any time.

As for timeline, my guess is we won't do it earlier than around October
2020, since we only started emitting the warnings in October 2019. That
is by no means a hard deadline - if it becomes a burden to maintain it
or if we find some flaw that makes us decide that it's doing more harm
than good, we'll probably remove it before then.

Best of luck with the migrations, thanks for your efforts!

Best,
Paul