the error message says:
“  In file included from src_c/pygame.h:32:

   src_c/_pygame.h:216:10: fatal error: 'SDL.h' file not found

   #include <SDL.h>

            ^~~~~~~

   1 error generated.

   ---

   For help with compilation see:

       https://www.pygame.org/wiki/MacCompile”

have you checked the linked to documentation at
https://www.pygame.org/wiki/MacCompile ?

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 9:31 PM Thory Coquillo <thory.coqui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Awesome, thanks! I did do that prior to receiving your email.
>
> However, I'm still getting an error message from python.
>
> First it's telling me about wheel that wasn't properly installed. Then I
> run the same code but with wheel, and it says installed successfully.
>
> And I run the code again with pygame, but I get this error (see attached).
>
> I have no clue how to fix this.
>
> Thanks a bunch for your help.
>

> Thory
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:40 PM Mariatta <mariatta.wij...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you have Python 3.8 and wants it to be installed to the Python 3.8
>> environment, do:
>>
>> python3.8 -m pip install pygame
>>
>> I also recommend installing it to a virtual environment like venv.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

>> On Sat, May 9, 2020, 4:20 AM Thory Coquillo <thory.coqui...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using the current version of Python on both a MacBook Pro and an
>>> iMac. I'm trying to import the pygame module from the terminal.
>>>
>>> The problem is that it's applying the module to Python 2.7 that came
>>> with the computer.
>>>

>>> Is there a way that I can correct the path so that every command I enter
>>> in the Terminal gets applied to whichever current version of Python that
>>> I'm running?
>>>
>> the most common way to do this is to use pyenv to manage multiple python
versions and paths to each one. Have you tried this:

https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv

Also, I’m not sure its really the right place to ask such questions. I am
replying simply b/c I know that these things can be frustrating and
difficult to work through sometimes, but I really think that Stack Overflow
might be a better place to find help if you need more help than the link
given in the error message.

Good luck!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile (sorry for brevity, bad grammar and misspellings)