I also just looked more closely at https://bitbucket.org/pypa/distlib_hg/src/default/ and https://bitbucket.org/pypa/distlib/src/master/ . The latter is a Git port of the former. So I still think it would be a very good idea to export and archive the old version history, issues, etc. for the Mercurial distlib repo, but it's less crucial.