Daniel Ruoso wrote:
Hi,

I'm using DJabberd to implement SOAP+XMPP in a system I developed (which is going to be published as GPL in less then a month). However, currently DJabberd is completely ignoring namespaces inside the stanzas... in fact, it is actually simply dropping the namespaces from the transported messages.

This wasn't really a problem before, but with the latest versions of XML::Compile::SOAP, it does a more strict checking of the XML document and, well, XML without namespaces is just broken...

So, follows a patch that implements the proper handling of namespaces in DJabberd. All tests pass with the patch as well.

daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the patch. It does seem like this is a problem we should address.

Would you mind providing more information about the bug, such as what you were trying to send, what you expected to happen and what actually happened? Currently it's not clear to me how I might review/test this patch.

It'd be cool also to have some new tests to verify the correct behavior so that we can avoid regressions in this area in future -- I assume, given that this hasn't been noticed before, that our tests are currently lacking.

Thanks,
Martin