Hi folks,

Last week I hacked up Danga::Socket and re-implemented its event loop in terms of AnyEvent. The resulting (experimental) module is here:
    http://search.cpan.org/~mart/Danga-Socket-AnyEvent-0.01_01/

This allows DJabberd to, in theory, run in any event loop supported by AnyEvent, and more interestingly allows DJabberd plugins to make use of AnyEvent protocol implementations.

I'd be interested to hear feedback from DJabberd users about how well this works, any ways that it sucks compared to the original Danga::Socket, etc.

You can force DJabberd run in this event loop by running it via:
    perl -MDanga::Socket::AnyEvent djabberd

In the long term I think it'd be good to make AnyEvent the default event loop API for DJabberd, since this will avoid the current sub-optimal duplication of effort of implementing protocols in both Danga::Socket and AnyEvent.